Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fortnite Lastly Gets Its Driftboard, But Just For a Limited Time

Because the snowy theme of Fortnite Season 7 has been revealed, among the battle pass skins is definitely an outright snowboarder, and it seems that Fortnite would get some kind of snowboard-like mobility item.

We saw teases and leaks of this item, the Driftboard, greater than six weeks ago (it was literally the week four loading screen), but now here, when season 7 is almost over and now in "overtime" mode before season eight, is when we're ultimately seeing the Fortnite Items arrive within the game. And Epic is already saying that it is not going to stick around for long.

The news feed is now teasing the "stylin' and profilin'" Driftboard, which really should arrive in the game within a patch tomorrow or Wednesday, depending on when the update turns out to become. It's not clear precisely how it's going to perform, but given that it's a hoverboard, not a snowboard, I never consider it will only function in say, the snowy a part of the map, and also you could possibly be able to surf around anyplace and use it as a brand new form of one-man car, extra or less the first of its type. And yes, you'll be able to shoot from it.

Why limited time? I have a hunch that Epic has had some problems using the Driftboard. That would clarify why it's showing up so late inside the season right here, and why it's only arriving inside a restricted time capacity now that it ultimately is here. This is probably going to play out like the jetpack, exactly where it's going to arrive within the game for a extremely short time, there will be an LTM or two constructed around it, after which it'll go away and we'll never speak of it once again.

The Driftboard does look like it would be a fantastic item to utilize in Fortnite inventive mode, as I can picture individuals constructing elaborate tracks for it. Leaks do appear to indicate that it will likely be feasible to buy Fortnite Items spawn Driftboards in creative mode, and supposed a single challenge in the Overtime list is to play a Driftboard LTM having a buddy.

Once again, it appears weird that this can be showing up just as a limited time item. I imply, if planes is often here for an entire season, and have already been incredibly disruptive this whole time, why can't we get a cool hoverboard for longer than a couple weeks? Type of a bummer.

Stay tuned for information on when the Driftboard will arrive. My guess is tomorrow, and after that we'll almost certainly see an LTM for it by the end in the week if I had to guess. We only have I believe one far more week till season 8 starts, and would they definitely take it away that quickly? There's restricted time after which there is restricted time, and that could be sort of a waste. We'll must see.