Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pyrography and Wood Burning Tools

Wood burning art or pyrography, also called fire painting is therefore an old craft. The very first exporters were the Indians, who took the charcoals out of the fire and made murals with them.
It is an art that is practiced here by few, more in the countries Austria, Germany, England, Canada and America (in America it is called woodburning). But also in our neighboring country Belgium is a very good pyrograver (Ivan Govaerts).
best wood burning pen
The paintings are burned in the wood with the aid of a fire pen, which is connected to a transformer with which the temperature can be controlled. I work myself with the device called the 'Brenn Peter Junior'.
Here are several branding pens to set up; from very fine to calligraphy point. Obviously, you must have a solid hand and it requires a lot of concentration.
The most suitable types of wood for burning are linden and birch wood, also willow wood is suitable, the softer the wood species the better the result. Nevertheless, working on slightly harder types of wood can also be done; I also sometimes work with pine, but oak is getting more difficult. In the projects that I show here and on my weblog there are a lot of hobby hours, I think it's a wonderful hobby where you can forget about time.
Understanding Pyrography is a matter of just going to do it and in doing so you learn! For starters, it is wise to first work with birch plywood, this is available per plate at every DIY store, or find some pieces of waste to experiment first! The more expensive types of wood such as lime, etc. are available from a native timber merchant.
The pyrography tool is all about pyrography, also know as wood burning. Pyrography is the art of burning into wood and other natural materials with a very hot tool that looks similar to a soldering iron. This tool can have different nibs and stamping tools attached to create different styles of text and fonts, as well as differing burning nibs to create different textures and lines in a design or drawing.