Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Andy Warhol Poster Picks

No doubt about it. My Andy Warhol poster favorites will be the weird ones. Well, maybe not weird as much as unusual. The soup cans and endless Marilyn variations are interesting--and they've come to denote an entirely era. I'm more interested, however, in Warhol as an evolving, experimenting introspective artist.

Furthermore, i enjoy conversation pieces adorning my walls. And at the time I became while attending college, my Andy Warhol poster collection did better at starting conversations than another art i have displayed.

So here are my top five Andy Warhol poster picks--with a hyperlink in the bottom if you want to check out the images themselves.

1. Self Portrait with Skull. As part of his final years, Warhol became more morbid and introspective. This photographic self-portrait reminds me a bit of Hamlet. Except older and stranger. (Can we really be stranger than Hamlet? Um, I do think Warhol may just are already. Inside a great way, of course.)

2. Experiments with Androgyny. It is easy to dismiss or laugh at images of men dressed as women. The truth is that, I laughed this Andy Warhol poster series off initially. Occur, Andy. You're not all of that pretty. In Warhol's case, so much was simply about the experimentation. What would this look like? What might it's love to represent an alter ego? Memorably. Warhol's self-portraits in drag might not be the best options for general apartment decor, however they are worth a look--just to the originality factor.

3. Warhol's Dracula Movie Poster. No Andy Warhol poster collection is done without no less than one memorable movie poster. With all the whole vampire movie trend going on nowadays, you will get fun as being a little subversive. Edward and Bella? Produce an escape. Warhol knew how to cope with the complete vampire thing with drama, boldness, eroticism, and (needless to say) a good healthy dose of campiness.

4. The Querelle Movie Poster. This is edgier, and it's only obtainable in the gray color variation about the inexpensive poster sites. But nevertheless, if you'd prefer to generate your invited guests look--and then look again, browse the Querelle Andy Warhol poster.

5. The pin Cat. This really is obtainable in poster form as one piece of the 25 Cats Andy Warhol print. It's unusual as it almost resembles an Eric Carle illustration. (You know...ab muscles Hungry Caterpillar author.) It has a sweetness over it (uncharacteristic of Warhol), also it pops over white background. You can put this place pretty much anywhere--whether children's room or over your selected reading chair.

These are merely a few of the great, off-the-beaten-path Andy Warhol poster options on the market. Warhol was an unusually prolific artist. The earlier a part of his career examined celebrity and culture, as well as the latter a part of his career involved experimentation with film, photography, Rorschach ink blots, Polaroid images, and self-portraiture.
For details about Andy Warhol Quotes browse our new site