Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yummy Edible Moisturizing Face Masks To Nourish

I'm not the kind of person that lives my life in constant worry about germs or that washes my hands 50 times per day. Sure, I'll hit the soap and water after using the restroom or before meals, but other than that, I live by the philosophy that a little dirt never hurt anyone. In fact, being exposed to a variety of germs can actually strengthen your immune system. Of course, this only works to a certain point, so I do take precautions when I know I'm going to be in situations where I might be exposed to more germs than possible. For example, when I fly or take other form of public transportation, I'm sure to carry a couple of disposable face masks with me.

Most people are familiar with two kinds of disposable face masks. The first kind are those thin paper or cloth ones that surgeons wear. This mask serves as a very basic barrier between your mouth and nose and the outside air. This is the kind of thing that pop singer Michael Jackson was often photographed wearing whenever he ventured outdoors. It both protects you from inhaling contaminants and from KN95 them in -- but of course this protection only extends to a certain degree. These disposable face masks would not be appropriate at a construction site, for example, or in any other place where airborne debris is likely to be quite heavy.

Then there are disposable face masks that are intended for more serious uses on worksites or when the wearer knows he or she will come into contact with more dangerous germs than those that transmit the common cold. These disposable face masks are made of a combination of materials and are molded into a shape designed to cover your nose and mouth securely. They sometimes have a respiration valve on them as well, and are intended to filter more than 99% of the contaminants in the surrounding air.

N95 disposable face masks are perhaps the most well-known kind because they were specifically recommended by health experts when the swine flu epidemic broke out a few years ago. This is the kind of mask I travel with when I fly. I don't necessarily wear it all the time, but if someone in my section of the plane is coughing and hacking for a long period, you better believe I'll put the mask on. I don't care what other people might say or about the strange looks I'm sure to get. Staying healthy is much more important to me than other people's opinions.

Anyway, disposable face masks are very cheap, so there's no reason not to buy a package of them and carry around one or two when you fly or are going to be in close proximity with a bunch of strangers for a long period of time. You never know what might happen, and it's definitely better to be safe than sorry. This isn't being an alarmist; it's being practical. As I said, I don't ordinarily freak out about germs, but there are definitely times when precautions are necessary.