Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spawning the Chinese Algae-Eater

The Kuhli Loach , Pangio kuhlii, is a small eel like fish. It arises from Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand. Other names include Coolie Loach , which is really a distinct miss-spelling of Kuhli; equally these phrases are obvious in the exact same way. It is also referred to as "Prickle Vision" since it has a prickle near its eye. This prickle probably provides this fish some security from predators.

The Kuhli loach may supposedly grow up to 12 centimetres (4 and a half inches) long, but I have never observed one that big. A lot of the types available are much smaller than this. One of many reasons for this deviation is there are many subspecies of Pangio kuhlii, and the kuhli loach diet they develop to varies a lot.

They have been described as residing up to 10 years.The Kuhli Loach is an equatorial fish; the key parts it is from are a small to the south of the Equator. It needs hot water, and a heat of between 24 and 30 levels D (between 75 and 86 degrees F) is suitable. They can endure a slightly higher or lower temperature than that selection, but I don't suggest it.

In the wild this fish is principally within slowly streaming streams with a sandy bottom with a level of normal matter from the bordering woods in several places on the supply bed. The water in these revenues seems to really have a fairly low spring content and to be delicate and acidic. You will find crops growing in sections of those streams.In an aquarium they'll conform to a reasonable hardness and can certainly have a hardness all the way to 10 dH. A pH all the way to 7.5 is generally tolerated. The water needs to be reasonably clean in the sense of lacking a big build up of fish wastes.

In a aquarium you need to avoid any sharp substrates and great lake mud is the normal choice. I have also had accomplishment with using big (6mm or more) curved pebbles. These fish not only research the outer lining of the mud for food, they should go right into it. I have experienced them dive right in to the sand in order to avoid being caught. With greater pebbles they will go between the stones looking for food.

These fish seem to like largely planted aquariums. Including some hanging flowers can be an excellent idea.Kuhli loaches are omnivores with a need for many pet based food. They'll truly eat flakes and pellets. Certainly one of their favorite foods is freezing bloodworms. In addition they like icy brine shrimp.

This can be a bottom eating fish, so it's necessary for a number of the food to achieve the bottom.Although the Kuhli loach in not just a schooling fish in the standard feeling, they seem to need company. An individual Kuhli may have the ability to, live fine in a container, but may are generally hidden nearly constantly throughout the day. A group of perhaps eight of those interesting fish can behave very differently and are significantly more prone to come out and display themselves during the day.