Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Panthers were back on the practice field

today (well Authentic Kawann Short Jersey , sort of... due to the weather it was an indoor walkthrough) as they prepare for their Week 6 game against Washington.The good[img]http://www.sndpic.com//nike_nfl_jerseys/nike_carolina_panthers/nike_panthers_196.jpg[/img]news for Panthers fans is that tight end Greg Olsen is preparing to make his first appearance since suffering a broken foot in Week 1 against the Cowboys. He participated in practice today and said it ‘felt good’ to be back out there.He also believes that he will ‘play well’ and help the team on offense.It goes without saying that adding a player of Olsen’s caliber will improve the Panthers’ offense, so hopefully he’ll be ready to go on Sunday. Ryan Kalil fully participated in practice today despite being listed as having a neck injury. He left Sunday’s game in the second half with what was initially reported as a shoulder problem, but him being a full participant in practice today is hopefully a good sign that he’ll be ready to play on Sunday in Washington.The Panthers held several key players out of practice today. Julius Peppers took his usual Wednesday off for rest, Jared Norris sat out with turf toe Womens Mike Adams Jersey , and Andre Smith missed practice due to a sore hamstring. Kawann Short took the day off due to an ankle injury. I would expect him to be limited tomorrow and practice fully on Friday, though. I don’t see this as something that will keep him off the field on Sunday, so don’t panic (yet).Cameron Artis-Payne and Marquis Haynes didn’t practice today for undisclosed reasons, but they are listed as non injury related. We’ll pass on any information there if/when it becomes available.Here’s today’s full injury report:Panthers injury reportDid not participate in practiceRB Cameron Artis-Payne (non injury)DE Marquis Haynes (non injury)LB Jared Norris (toe)DE Julius Peppers (rest)DT Kawann Short (ankle)LB Andre Smith (hamstring)Limited participation in practiceTE Greg Olsen (foot)Full participation in practiceC Ryan Kalil (neck)Practice StatusDid not participate in practice = 0% of a player’s normal repetitionsLimited participation in practice = Less than 100% of a player’s normal repetitionsFull participation in practice = 100% of a player’s normal repetitionsGame StatusOut = Player will not playDoubtful = Player unlikely to playQuestionable = Uncertain if player will playPanthers 25 Patriots 14: 5 winners Womens Devin Funchess Jersey , 3 losers from the Panthers’ third preseason win The Carolina Panthers played an impressive game tonight as the defeated the New England Patriots 25-14 at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, NC. The first-team looked great and carried a 9-3 lead into halftime before the backups took over in the second half. The Panthers second and third units also played well, preserving the lead that the first-team earned in the first half.Let’s take a look at five winners and three loser’s from tonight’s winning effort.WinnersOffensive line: Credit where it’s due—this patchwork line actually did a great job at keeping Cam Newton upright and giving him time to make plays. They even overcame adversity when Jeremiah Sirles went down to a hamstring injury early in the first half that forced Blaine Clausell to step in at right tackle. I know it’s just the preseason, but I was very pleased with what I saw out of the offensive line.Cam Newton: Cam had a good night Authentic Shaq Thompson Jersey , going 11-for-17 for 142 yards, and he somehow survived that scary dive where he landed on his head/neck in the first quarter. It’s the preseason, Cam. Don’t do things like that. We can’t handle it.Taylor Heinicke: He won the No. 2 quarterback job tonight if you asked me. He was the one asked to come into the game during Cam’s concussion scare, and then when he played in the third quarter he did an excellent job moving the offense. He made some great throws (especially that one to Curtis Samuel) and also showed his mobility on his touchdown run. A solid performance like that is how you make you case that you deserve a spot Authentic Donte Jackson Jersey , and I think Heinicke did exactly that.Cameron Artis-Payne: A solid showing from CAP tonight is exactly what he needed to show the coaches that he had something to offer this team if he was included in the 53-man roster. He ran with a purpose tonight and it showed. I think he penciled himself on the final roster and it’s now his spot to lose.Curtis Samuel: Samuel had some great catches last night and showed his ability to pick up yardage when given space to work with. He stretched out and made a great catch on a pass from Heinicke that set up the Panthers’ first touchdown in the second half. He’s quickly moving up the depth chart with each passing game. Honorable mention (written by Brian Beversluis):Colin Jones: THE ACE THAT RUNS THE PLACE. Fumble recovery? Check. Cementing his spot on the roster? Check.