Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who Wants to Play WvW in Guild Wars 2?

Way back when Guild Wars 2 released I came into Tyria riding high off the waves of Atreia. NC Soft's pigeon loving playground was a haven for many of us that loved big scale combat. Gigantic battles filled with factional warmongers had been frequent as clockwork and Guild Wars 2's World vs World seemed like the organic successor.

For all those of you who have not dipped into WvW, you could not be aware but you've constantly had 1 foot in WvW. From the moment you picked GW2 Gold a home server at the character creation, you picked a side. Wuvwu is a fairly simple notion. Three teams of opposing players fill a map and battle it out to view who's king of your castle. A series of keeps, camps, and towers are scattered around 4 maps that happen to be filled using a mix of PvP and PvE. Groups of players roam the surrounding walkways of alpine borders and crawl via the deserts of your Mists when NPC's guard their territory, and it really is all up for grabs. Each and every team is usually defined by their residence server and it's up to these Guild Wars 2 Gold teams to duke it out for as considerably territory as you can.

Guild Wars 2's implementation of Realm vs Realm combat was not specifically fantastic when it went reside back at launch. Systems weren't as mature as they appear these days, tactics hadn't reached a stable meta, and extreme lag was a better early warning method than any set of scouts. Nonetheless, it had its charms. The Alpine Borderlands flanked the large Eternal Battleground where servers smashed against stone walls, castle gates have been doused in burning oil, and I spotted my initial portal bomb. This classic mix of PvPvE game was totally my bag and when ArenaNet managed to turn off their culling items began to look up. Quite a few years later, and most likely an additional column inside the producing, the history of WvW has moved on considerably, and but some thing appears to become lost inside the mist wars in recent times.