Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

nd during the song along wi

After the NFL adopted a new policy regarding the national anthem last week that gave the league the right to fine teams if players don’t stand during the song along with giving teams the right to impose penalties on players who don’t stand during the playing of the song Ray Nitschke Jersey , Jets CEO Christopher Johnson announced the team will not avail themselves of that opportunity.

Johnson said he hopes the players will stand — no Jets took a knee last year — but that he never wants “to put restrictions on the speech of our players.” That stance was a topic of conversation when wide receiver Jermaine Kearse spoke to the media on Tuesday.

Kearse called the league’s policy “disappointing” while saying that it was “very gratifying” to hear Johnson’s response.

“I’m very appreciative of him,” Kearse said, via NorthJersey.com. “I think he kind of gets it. … He understands. I don’t know what other owners are doing with their teams Marcus Martin Jersey , but he’s been actively involved, had multiple meetings. We’ve all been talking to him. So [we’re] just very appreciative of his support. He cares.”

The league has not outlined a fine schedule for teams who have players take a knee or otherwise fail to show respect during the playing of the anthem this season.

The Dolphins offensive line play has been problematic over the last few years and the team’s offensive line coach hasn’t seen things come together as he hoped at this point in the calendar.

Jeremiah Washburn said that he likes having starters set at all five positions, including new left guard Josh Sitton and center Daniel Kilgore Jacoby Brissett Jersey , but that a cohesive unit is not developing “fast enough” for his liking.

“We’re not near where we need to be,” Washburn said, via the Miami Herald. “I think Adam [Gase] said the same thing [Saturday]. I do like our group. It’s a good group of guys. They’re working hard. But in terms of production Andre Holmes Jersey , we’re not near where we need to be — protection, run game. We’re going to have to continue to work at it.”

There’s over a month before the start of the regular season, so there’s still time for things to gel as hoped up front in Miami. If not Dustin Hopkins Jersey , there will be a familiar feeling in Miami once the games start to count.

Adidas Brent Burns Jersey