Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

became a starter

Dwight Clark Authentic Robert Golden Jersey ,聽the recipient of one of the most famous plays in NFL history, The Catch, passed away on Monday at the age of 61.Clark was a star wide receiver for the San Francisco 49ers and helped kickstart their dynasty during the 1980s. After playing at Clemson, Clark was drafted in the 10th round in 1979 and became a starter in 1980. He made the first of his two Pro Bowls the following season but it was during the 1981 postseason that he became a Bay Area legend.Trailing the Dallas Cowboys 27-21 with less than a minute remaining in the NFC Championship Game, Joe Montana rolled out to his right with a play that seemed destined for failure. But the quarterback then lobbed a pass to the back of the endzone where only the six feet, five inch Clark could haul in the pass. The play would be immortalized as "The Catch" as the 49ers ended the Cowboys dynasty and started their own. San Francisco would then go on to defeat the Bengals in Super Bowl XVI for their first Super Bowl victory in franchise history.One of the most memorable plays in @NFLHistory.The Catch.Rest In Peace, Dwight Clark. pic.twitter.com/BhVwwv1xYR— NFL (@NFL) June 4, 2018In 1982 Clark would have the best season of his career as he led the NFL with 60 receptions, made his second Pro Bowl and was a first-team All-Pro selection. He would remain a fixture for the 49ers offense over the next few years even as Jerry Rice became the Niners top option. Clark retired after the 1987 season and was the team's all-time leader in receptions and receiving yards when he hung up the cleats.After retiring Clark served in the front office of the 49ers and then the Cleveland Browns. In early 2017 he announced that he was diagnosed with ALS and according to his widow, Kelly, the disease is what he succumbed to on Monday.I鈥檓 heartbroken to tell you that today I lost my best friend and husband. He passed peacefully surrounded by many of the people he loved most. I am thankful for all of Dwight鈥檚 friends Luke Falk Color Rush Jersey , teammates and 49ers fans who have sent their love during his battle with ALS. Kelly Clark.— Dwight Clark (@DwightC87) June 4, 2018Dwight Clark was 61 years old.
NEW YORK — A major theme of Friday’s pitching matchup at Yankee Stadium when the Tampa Bay Rays and the New York Yankees continue their four-game series will be the long road that Nathan Eovaldi and Jonathan Loaisiga took to reach the mound.

For Eovaldi, is it his fourth start with the Tampa Bay Rays after a second Tommy John surgery. For Loaisiga, it is his major league debut with the New York Yankees after a quick ascent through the minors following Tommy John surgery and missing two seasons.

The Yankees opened the series with a 4-3 victory Thursday when Gleyber Torres hit a three-run homer in the fifth inning off Blake Snell. Torres leads all rookies with 13 homers and 33 RBIs, and the Yankees are 11-3 in their last 14 games and 11-2 in their last 13 home games.

Matt Duffy homered for the Rays, who are on a seven-game road losing streak after striking out 15 times. The Rays also are 4-10 in their last 14 games overall.

Eovaldi, who was 23-11 with a 4.45 ERA in 51 appearances (48 starts) in two seasons for the Yankees, is 1-1 with a 3.94 ERA in his first three starts for the Rays. Though he said his velocity is coming back, he is averaging 97 mph on his fastball, which is roughly the same he averaged on the pitch with the Yankees.

“For sure, the fact that I’ve been throwing the ball good as it is (is nice) Authentic Aleksander Barkov Jersey ,” Eovaldi said Thursday. “So I’m going to try to keep doing that with my fastball command and really make sure I execute the off-speed pitches and get them down. Other than that, when you step between the lines, it’s about going out there and competing.”

“I know Nate really appreciated his time here, but, no, I’m not overly concerned,” Tampa Bay manager Kevin Cash said. “He’s been so focused on what he’s doing and kind of his surroundings, and he’s thrown the ball well for us since he’s gotten back. I think that focus won’t change, and it won’t change just because he’s facing a former team.”

Eovaldi last pitched Sunday in a 5-4 loss to the Seattle Mariners when he allowed three runs and four hits in five-plus innings. He allowed a solo homer to Nelson Cruz and a two-run homer to Mike Zunino while throwing 102 pitches, his most since Aug. 4, 2016 Adrian Clayborn Jersey Elite , against the New York Mets.

“I feel like I’ve been throwing the ball well,” Eovaldi said. “I’ve been recovering better now that we’ve been getting into kind of a five-day routine of things. I feel like my arm really hasn’t been as sore as when I first started from my rehab.”

Eovaldi is the 35th player to pitch after multiple Tommy John surgeries and the 13th to start a game.

He is facing the Yankees for the first time. He is 10-4 with a 3.73 ERA in 24 appearances (23 starts) at Yankee Stadium.

Eovaldi was one of those young low-cost pitchers the Yankees were hoping to develop. Now Loaisiga is one as he fills in for Masahiro Tanaka, who injured both hamstrings last Friday against the New York Mets.

Loaisiga is pitching above Double-A for the first time and is 6-1 with a 3.00 ERA in 10 combined starts with Double-A Trenton and Class A Tampa this season. He attended spring training with the Yankees after being added to the 40-man roster in November.

“I’m excited to see him pitch here,” Yankees manager Aaron Boone said. “It’s a guy with a really good arm, really simple athletic delivery, and I think a big reason why he’s the guy we chose is that we feel like his stuff is excellent, but his delivery is low-maintenance enough that it should allow him to step up.”