Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what is a twitch overlay?

what is an overlay?
An overlay can be a border about your webcam, or it can be a complete 1080p factor having up the whole body. It is fundamentally a graphic (generally a clear PNG file) that sits over your recreation seize window, and your webcam. It is practically like your stream is wearing a mask, and you placement items underneath it so every little thing traces up nicely (you would not put on a mask upside down… I mean… Until you experienced upside down confront or some thing).

But how do I get that overlay graphic on top of my match?
You will need to have to be streaming making use of OBS or xSplit software, on Pc or Mac. Inside those packages it is as basic as adding an picture layer, and choosing your file(s). This is a handy video clip displaying you how that is done in OBS, and it is far more or much less the very same thing in xSplit.

Can I use an overlay on my PS4 or XBOX A single?
No, there is what is a twitch overlay? to implement it immediately to your console stream. You will need to be using some sort of sport capture gadget, which feeds your gameplay into OBS or xSplit on Personal computer/Mac.

Well that sucks!
Sure, it does. what is a twitch overlay? ’m sorry.

You promote PSDs, can’t I just get one particular of people and use it?
No, only get a PSD if you have entry to Photoshop, and are cozy amending text by yourself employing that system. You will not be in a position to add the .PSD right to OBS or xSplit. You will need to open up the .PSD in Photoshop and then export your graphic as a transparent PNG.

So are clear PNGs the only graphic sorts that operate?
They are not, no. JPGs and GIFs also function on OBS or xSplit, but JPGs really don't let transparency, and GIFs do, but typically at a significantly reduced quality. PNGs (specificially PNG-24, since you didn’t question) provide transparency with small or no drop in high quality. They can be marginally even bigger documents as a outcome, but not significantly.