Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LA Indie Artist to look at [Colleen Lovejoy]

Indigenous to California, Colleen returned to La after 4 years of studying abroad in Russia which gradually triggered ditching class, touring having a band and dealing at a weird, local MTV channel. She would have to take a rest from the indie LA music scene after undergoing bilateral lung surgery because of a genetic respiratory complication. It wasn’t sure that she would be able to continue singing. Using the emergence of The Black Lives Matter Movement, Colleen knew she must break her silence. She started by recording songs that spoke towards the injustices ailing the African-American community and launched a campaign #LyricalProtest to unite artists that are utilizing their platform similarly. The LA Singer-Songwriter released back to back album EPs in 2017. Her January release "Blush Attack" (featured on Afropunk.com) is categorized as Indie Rock while her mid-summer release "Girl by the Name of Girl" (featured on LA Weekly and Champion City’s HiFi mixtape) is alternative folk.

A brief HISTORY OF BLUSH ATTACK
"When that malfunctioning hard disk finally exposed, I re-discovered in regards to a decade of old recordings. Listening through I blushed, rolled my eyes and died many times. Yet a few of the songs I'm still relevant, even definitive of my creative journey. Blush Attack is a revisitation with the vault favorites. A lot of the selects were produced and engineered by Grammy-nominated mastermind, Ghian Wright, whose idea it absolutely was to record the band playing simultaneously. A thrilling collaboration with Xavier Dephrepaulezz of Fantastic Negrito is heard relating to the track, The Pay Is great, which was recorded in the notorious Blackball Universe (a converted warehouse in South Central that we were once forbidden to visit by my bestfriend’s boyfriend)."

A SHORT Good reputation for GIRL Called GIRL
"This album is definitely an ode to my vagabond years. All of it started summers ago using a pilgrimage to Haifa, a transcontinental train ride in Russia, camping underneath the California desert sky, Anna’s guitar, along with a stilted veranda over Pearl Lagoon. I had those places in your mind when I chose which songs to record. After i decided to play and sing simultaneously. When I became inclined to sing again after undergoing a surgery that will result in years of silence. Girl By The Name of Girl can be a resurgence from the lyrical, lost soul, beach bonfire, hitch hiker, rolling stone, wanderer that will always remain."
For more information about Singer Songwriter you can check this resource: click site